Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
There will be NO Monday Chanting Practice and Tuesday Sitting today and tomorrow evenings due to the Blizzard Warning of server snow storm. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The Theme of the Year: Great Light
Using wisdom to transform circumstances,
one’s mind is bright.
Using compassion to benefit others,
one’s promise is great.
- Feb. 19-22, 2015
- Venue: Chan Meditation Center
- Sunday March 15, 2015, 2pm-5pm
- Screenings and discussions of movies from a Buddhist perspective.
- Location: Chan Meditation Center
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"Selfless compassion and penetrating wisdom are interdependent, like the two wheels of a bicycle, or the two wings of a bird."
Master Sheng Yen