Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
- May 18, 2014 10:00am ~ 3:30pm
- Location: Chan Meditation Center
For details, please see our poster
- May 24 – 26, 2014, 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- led by Abbot Ven. Guo Xing
- location: Chan Meditation Center
Please click HERE
to download the flyer.
Young People Hiking Meditation at Cold Spring Harbor
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"Selfless compassion and penetrating wisdom are interdependent, like the two wheels of a bicycle, or the two wings of a bird."
Master Sheng Yen