Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
- Saturdays, March 7, 14 & 21, 2015
- 9:30am to 12:30pm,
- Fee: Free (Donation is welcome)
For those who are new to Chan meditation. Classes on Buddhist meditation, including instruction on methods of sitting, breathing, walking, standing, sleeping, yoga exercises, self-massage, theories and obstacles in meditation, and progressive stages of meditation. Pre-registration
- Sunday March 15, 2015, 2pm-5pm
- Screenings and discussions of movies from a Buddhist perspective.
- Location: Chan Meditation Center
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"No matter whom you associate with, you should ask yourself, 'How can I help and be of benefit to this person?'"
Master Sheng Yen